Exploring Oregon 2009

Exploring Oregon 2009

Saturday, April 24, 2010

UNDERSTANDING THE VALUE OF FREE TIME

When I started this blog, it was intended to be an outlet for me and a way for me to continue to improve on my writing skills.  It was in no way supposed to be a daily brain dump of mindless jabber, but an occasional opinion on a subject, or a snapshot of something happening in my life.  With that said, far too much time has elapsed since my last post and I apologize for that, mostly to myself since I doubt anyone has been waiting with bated breath for the next post.  It's not that there haven't been things to write about, but quite the opposite actually.  My life lately has been completely overloaded with activities, work, and my new attempts to get myself in shape.

I found myself with a few free minutes this morning (actually, I'm avoiding washing out a pan that is sitting in my sink from breakfast) and thought that I would write a brief update on what's to come!  In addition to my fitness and nutrition changes in my life (which I'm sure there will be numerous posts on this subject, and maybe even some progress photos), my husband and I have made a big purchase which has affected our lives quite positively, which I would like to share with everyone.  I'm also just about a month away from becoming an Aunt, and I have photos and information to share regarding my sister's nursery and the baby shower I threw her.  There is also something that I've committed myself to that I am trying, in what free time I can find, to train for.  I've also met a new friend (this sounds so juvenile, but is really exciting for me) who just moved to the area and enjoys many of the same things I do.  I'm really looking forward to our adventures this summer.  Finally, I turn 30 this June.  Of course this shouldn't be a big deal, but I can't help but dread it on some levels.  My 20's have been good to me thus far, so I'm having a hard time letting go (only two more months left!).  You can expect a blog or two on this subject and how I'm coping.  :)

So that's a small preview of what is to come.  I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting, and other things that will come up along the way, but at the very least, there are these handful of events that will be written about in the near (hopefully I'll have time to start a 'real' blog tomorrow) future.

Till then, Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment